Manchester United would be traveling to Vicarage road to face a Watford side that is adjusting to life in the top flight.
The Hornets are currently on 16 points, and 11th on the table, a point behind United arch rivals Liverpool. United wood be facing this tie in good spirit having showed defensive solidity. Before the international break, Watford lost away to Leicester City while United were comfortable 2-0 winners against West Brom.
- Manchester United have won the last 9 meetings in all competition against Watford, with the Hornet’s last victory coming as far back as 1986 when they won 1-0
- Watford has lost just 2 times at Vicarage road in their last 9 home games, winning four times and drawing three times.
- Manchester United has lost one of their last eight Barclays Premier league matches, winning 5 times and drawing twice.
- Wayne Rooney has scored three times in two matches against Watford in all competitions
- Manchester United have not conceded in 5 matches spanning 555 minutes, they will be looking to equal the record set at the end of 2004/05 season and the start of 2005/06 season (6 games in total) a clean sheet at Vicarage road would equal that record.
- Manchester United have the best conversion rate of any team in the Barclays premier league this season; that is 20% conversion rate.
- Wayne Rooney needs one more goal to become United’s outright second highest scorer in all competition. He is currently tied with Denis Law on 237 and 12 behind Bobby Charlton.
- United have won all 4 premier league matches against Watford, the last being in 2006 where a Mikael Silvestre and Ryan Giggs goal secured all three points at Vicarage road.